I nearly died in Ghana - Idris Elba - ALOUD AFRICA

INSPIRING THE AFRICAN DREAM!

Saturday 28 November 2015

I nearly died in Ghana - Idris Elba

British actor Idris Elba has revealed how he almost died while shooting 'Beasts of No Nation' in Ghana.

According to the 43-year-old actor, he slipped behind a waterfall over a 30-metre drop.

Recalling the incident while filming the Netflix film Beasts of No Nation, in which he plays the warlord Commandant, Elba told The Jonathan Ross Show: “I nearly died … We decided to do this waterfall scene where all these child soldiers were walking behind this massive waterfall.

“Cary Fukunaga, the director, decided to shoot it for real. We went to this waterfall and in this scene my character is standing there watching all the child soldiers go past. Now in the setup of that, the stunt co-ordinator says, ‘Listen everyone, this is a waterfall, that’s a 90, 100ft drop down there and the ground is very slippery, just be careful!’

“I put my foot on this rock just to hang out and chill out while they were setting up and as I’m doing that it’s slippery, obviously. I slip … I put my hand on this tree – it’s not a tree, it’s a branch. It snaps and I go literally about six feet before I go bang over and I got caught by the security guy.

Elba continued: “It was a great experience though, that was my most harrowing [film to shoot]. The director caught malaria and survived and it was great and he kept working so it was that type of shoot.”

The movie also featured Ama K. Abebrese, Richard Pepple and young rising star Abraham Attah.

Source: The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment